Tuesday, January 17, 2012

puff

This isn't a post about smoking or a magic dragon. It's about my puff. It's been my puff for a little over two years now. "Puff" is just a cuter way of saying muscular hernia.


Once, I got in a big sledding accident. Yes, sledding. It's more dangerous than people realize. I broke my tibia and fibula (this is just a side note-- but I get really bugged when people say fibia.) Both breaks were compound, which means they sliced through my skin and were sticking out. Gross I know.


Because of that, in a little area on my leg, the bottom layer of skin that holds everything in tight is gone. So... my muscle pushes forward and sort of bulges out. That is my puff.


It's annoying.

It's ugly.

It is painful.

It looks like an alien is going to pop out of my shin at any second.

It freaks people out.

It is tricky to shave over.


BUT

..it has one really good perk, which inspired this post.


It holds up my boot perfectly!


I have this pair of grey boots that are quite handy in the winter months. They are comfy and they are warm. They go a little passed mid-calf. They have cute buckles on the back that I love. The only problem is.. they fall down sometimes. Well only the left one does because my puff doesn't let the right one slip.


I do NOT want another puff on my left leg. But I am trying to think off how to get a puff equivelant for my boot. Any ideas that don't involve my bones??

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried those boot socks? The cute ones that stick out the top of the boot? Those might hold them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuff them with toilet paper. Duh!

    ReplyDelete